Ever wish that you could make cleaning easier, faster and more efficient?
Any little help that makes the entire cleaning process easier is a godsend. Thankfully, these simple cleaning hacks are the cure.
1. Add a small amount of scented all purpose cleaner to your toilet brush holder.
This will keep the bathroom smelling fresh and add a bit of cleaning power to your next scrub! We suggest Mr. Muscle Floor & All Purpose Cleaner (Available in 4 different flavors)
2. Save money on costly chemicals with this easy bio-friendly recipe – this is a all-purpose cleaner that can be used from the kitchen to the bathroom and smells divine!
Simply take the peel of 2 x citrus fruits (lemon, orange, lime) place this in a jar and fill the jar with white vinegar – let the mixture sit for 5 days and pour into a spray bottle. Use this as a oven cleaner, bathroom cleaner, surface cleaner – the list is endless!
3. Clean your ceiling fan with a pillow case – yes you read that right.
Cleaning your ceiling fan is quite a task! Dust flying everywhere, in your hair, in your eyes and leaving your with a floor that requires cleaning too! This is a thing of the past with this easy hack.
Take a pillow case and open it up, slide the top of the sleeve over the ceiling fan blade and pull – all the dust will land safely in the pillow case – no mess, no fuss!
4. Remove pet hair from carpets and rugs with a window squeegee.
We all love our pets! However their hair can be quite tedious to get rid off.
Use the rubber end of a window squeegee and run it over the carpet/rug in overlapping rows – this will cause the hair to clump together at the end – just pick it up and throw away.
5. Use a lint roller to remove dust – yes you read that right!
Items like lamp shades are sometimes ignored because they are so hard to dust with a normal duster.
Roll the lint roller over the dusty area pick up and voila!
6. Restore life to your old wooden cabinets with baking soda and water.
Mix 3 parts baking soda with 2 parts water – dip a toothbrush in it and scrub the cabinet. Wipe down with a damp cloth and apply some furniture polish (optional) – good as new!
7. Remove grease stains from clothing with white chalk.
Getting oil or grease on clothing is frustrating – the item is just never the same again and a R300.00 shirt becomes very expensive pajamas.
Just rub the stain with white chalk and wash – gone is the oil marks!
8. Keep your fridge clean by lining the racks with wax paper or glad wrap.
Having to clean the entire fridge for a couple of marks is very time consuming. So our advise is cover your racks with wax paper or glad wrap, when something spill – simply take out the wax paper or glad wrap and replace.
9. Remove oil and back splatter from tiles or cupboards with… oil!
Just like oil and water that doesn’t mix – a water based spray will also not work to remove the oil. Instead use cooking spray (cook n’ spray) or a olive oil dampened cloth to remove the oil or splatter. Use a fresh cloth and wipe until the oiliness is no longer detected.
10. Steam clean your microwave with a bowl of vinegar.
Cleaning a microwave is one of the hardest cleans there is! All that grease and food splatter. A solution?
Place 1 cup of white vinegar in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Remove the bowl and wipe the microwave inside with a clean sponge. Done.
**These cleaning hacks have been found on various sites on the internet**